Wednesday 12 August 2015

Love on a train

So I hopped on the train last night a couple minutes to spare, it's packed. There's a middle aged couple stood in the doorway the woman is crying the man trying to sooth her, then she hops off and sits on the bench the man stands in the doorway. He rings her, asks her what she's doing. The train door closes and I can hear her sobs on the phone, I swear he starts crying as well telling her he'll see her tomorrow. As the train pulls out he returns to his seat. Their anguish is real, touching and heartbreaking. My thoughts... They're so having an affair!

I could be wrong, but the emotional intensity of their parting was very Romeo and Juliet and when you're in your late 50s/early 60s I doubt many couples are able to keep that kind of intensity up... it would be bloody exhausting for a start!

So while we are discussing love on a train... feel free to check out my free read A Casual Acquaintance X

No comments: